Things to know about Es Teler Recipe
This dish is best known for its local name es teler and is first invented in 1957 by Ms. Samijem and Mr. Tukiman. They were hawkers that sell fresh fruit to support their living in Jakarta back in 1957. Because the weather in Indonesia is hot and humid, they started to sell ice-cold fruit cocktails due to the high demand from the Indonesians. Mr. Tukiman began innovating with the combination of fruits and liquids used in the fruit cocktail. He came up with a mixture of fresh milk, sweet condensed milk, avocado, jackfruit, and coconut, topped off with crushed ice.
It became a huge hit within the community. Mr. Tukiman claimed that he got the name from a customer saying “esnya bikin teler” or this is so good I’m starting to get drunk on it!. Therefore, he decided to name the concoction es teler. The sweetness of the milk is an amazing combination with the tanginess of the jackfruit and the richness of both the coconut and the avocado. This is the type of beverage you will love to enjoy during a hot summer day.
Refreshing Indonesian Traditional Fruit Cocktail with Avocado and Jackfruit. Authentic Recipe of Es Teler.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 pc Avocado Large
- 2 pcs Jackfruit Flesh – medium
- 1 Fresh Coconut – Young Coconut Large
- 4 tbsp Sweet Condensed Milk
- 200 ml (6.76 floz) Milk Fresh
- Ice Cubes Crushed, As needed
- Prepare the fruits. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Using a spoon, scoop the flesh and place it into a bowl.
- Take the jackfruit flesh and remove the seeds, slice the flesh and add them to the bowl.
- Break the young coconut in half, and pour the coconut water into the bowl.
- Using a spoon, scrape all the white flesh from the inside of the coconut shell, add them to the bowl.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and the fresh milk.
- Mix well and add the crushed ice.
- The drink is ready to be served!
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.