Things to know about Bajigur Recipe
West Java is one of the few regions in Indonesia where the temperature is colder, due to the overall altitude of the region. Bajigur is a warm drink that helped Sundanese deal with the cold since most people in Indonesia are prohibited from consuming alcoholic drinks. It is a combination of ginger, coconut milk, palm sugar, and coffee, which brings a warm feeling to the consumer’s body.
The word bajigur is often used as slang by the Sundanese people to mask swear words, (i.e., in Indonesian, the word “bastard” translates into bajingan, which sounds very similar to bajigur) as a way to express anger or frustration while not offending other people. It is similar to the feeling that you get after drinking bajigur, you feel warm (like when you are angry). This is a drink you would not want to miss!
Heartwarming Indonesian Traditional Hot Ginger, Coconut Milk, and Coffee Drink from West Java. Authentic Recipe of Bajigur.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 L (33.81 floz) Coconut Milk
- 150 grams (5.29 oz) Fresh Ginger Root
- 150 grams (5.29 oz) Indonesian Palm Sugar – Gula Jawa – Gula Merah – Red Sugar – Gula Aren
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Coffee – Coffee Powder Instant Coffee Powder/Espresso Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 pcs Pandan Leaf – Screwpine – Pandanus Leaf
- 1 thumb Cinnamon Stick
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Sugar Palm Fruit – Kaong – Buah Kolang – Kaling – Buah Tap
- Roast the ginger on an open fire, until slightly charred, peel and bruise it with the back of your knife.
- Into a pot, mix the coconut milk, coffee powder, palm sugar, granulated sugar, ginger, pandan leaf, cinnamon, and salt.
- Bring to a boil while continuously stirring over medium heat for around 15 minutes.
- Once done, strain Bajigur into a pitcher, and add the palm sugar fruits.
- The drink is ready to be served.
- Instant coconut cream diluted with water can be used if no fresh coconut milk is readily available.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?