Things to know about Telur Balado Padang Recipe
The Indonesian Spicy Egg is a staple in many Padangnese restaurants throughout the country. This style of cooking with a lot of spicy sauce is called Balado. It originated from the Minangkabau people of Padang, West Sumatra, the birthplace of another delicious dish, the Beef Rendang. The Balado technique is a cooking process that involves stir-frying blended chili and spices mixed with a protein of choice, like chicken, egg, and tofu. The Minangkabau people believed that adding chili and spices improved the shelf life of said dishes. If you enjoy spicy food, this dish is perfect for you.
My Grandmother’s Indonesian Traditional Spicy Egg from Padang Padang in West Sumatera. Authentic Recipe of Telur Balado Padang.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 7 pcs Egg Hard-Boiled, peeled
- 8 cloves Shallot Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 8 pcs Red Curly Chili Pepper
- 3 pcs Red Bird’s Eye Chili Pepper
- 1 stick Lemongrass – Cymbopogon – Barbed Wire Grass – Cochin Grass – Malabar Grass Bruised
- 3 Sheets Kaffir Lime Leaf
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 100 ml (3.38 floz) Water
- Boil the eggs and peel.
- Into a food processor, add the chili peppers, garlic, and shallot. Blend coarsely for texture.
- Then, to a large wok, add vegetable oil and add blended spices. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaf.
- When fragrant, add the water and eggs.
- Season to taste with salt and sugar.
- Cook until the water is reduced, and the eggs turned color into orange-ish red.
- The dish is ready to be served.
You can fry the hard-boiled egg beforehand for a crispier texture. Simply lightly coat the eggs with potato starch and fry in hot oil for a few minutes before adding them to the Balado sauce.
This dish is best served with a warm traditional Indonesian Yellow Fragrant Rice, along with other side dishes like kering tempe, ayam goreng, and perkedel.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.