Kelane Naan is a traditional Persian naan filled with cheese and lots of herbs. This delicious recipe comes from the Kurdish people of Iran.
Things to know about Kelane Naan Recipe
Kelane naan is stuffed flatbread that is pan-fried, such naan is popular around Central Asia with different names and different fillings. Traditionally Irani Kelane naan is filled with cheese and herbs.
Some people make it with potatoes, but potatoes are common in the Afghan version called Bolani. It is prepared with unleavened bread often at home.
Kelane is served as a delicious side dish or a snack. This incredibly tasty dish can be stored in the freezer and warm it in the oven whenever you want.
Delicious Iranian Traditional Cheese Stuffed Bread. Authentic Recipe of Kelane Naan.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 450 grams (15.87 oz) All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 200 mL (6.76 floz) Water Cold
- 150 grams (5.29 oz) Feta Cheese
- 1 bunch Fresh Coriander Chopped
- 1 bunsh Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 3 pcs Spring Onion – Scallion – Green Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic Grated
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Mix flour and water in a large bowl.
- Add in water. You can adjust the amount if needed.
- Knead the mixture for 5 minutes to make a soft dough.
- Cover and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- Chop the spring onion and mix it with coriander, parsley, garlic, and feta cheese.
- Add the seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Now take the dough and cut it into 14 equal parts.
- Take one part and roll on a floured surface using a rolling pin to make a round flatbread.
- Take about two tablespoons of the filling and spread onto half of the dough, leaving a space on the edge.
- Fold the other half of the dough and press the edges to seal the filling.
- In a large pan, heat the oil. Cook the dough for about 3 minutes on each side.
- The bread is ready once each side is golden brown.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
What to serve with Kelane Naan?
Serve with some feta cheese and hot green tea.
Variations of Kelane Naan
Bolani is the Afghan version of stuffed naan, which is filled with mashed potatoes, herbs, and seasonings.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?