Things to know about Khoresh Fesenjan Recipe
Fesenjan is a part of Persian Traditions. Iranian cook this stew to celebrate Yalda or Chellen night. It’s Northern Hemisphere Winter Solitis festival. Families and friends meet and spend the night eating and talking, and reading poetry. Traditionally, they eat and serve pomegranate, representing the next day dawn. So it is supposed to save us from the inauspicious longest and darkest night of the year. The dish has a delicious nutty flavor that pairs with tangy pomegranate and forms an exotic taste that cannot be found anywhere else. A similar recipe can be found in Azerbaijani Cuisine. But is more commonly cooked as Pilaf in Azerbaijan.
Delicious Iranian Traditional Chicken Stew with Walnuts and Pomegranate Concentrate from Gilan. Authentic Recipe of Khoresh Fesenjan.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Chicken Drumstick Skinless
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Walnut
- 1½ pcs Yellow Onion Thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Pomegranate Syrup – Pomegranate Molasses – Pomegranate Concentrate – Narsharab
- ½ cup Pomegranate Seed Garnish
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Water For the walnut paste
- Process the walnut halves in a food processor to make a paste.
- Add water and process again. It will turn into a smooth beige color paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion to a golden brown.
- Remove onions from the pan and add chicken to it, fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the walnut paste. Sprinkle the fried onion, salt, and pepper on the chicken.
- Drizzle the pomegranate concentrate and bring it to boil over medium to low heat.
- Cook the mixture for 15 minutes with the lid on. The concentrate will stick to the chicken so stir occasionally.
- Lower the heat to a minimum and cook for another 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- The dish is ready once the chicken is soft and tender.
- If the sauce hasn’t thickened yet, cook for 10 minutes without a lid.
- Then serve with Persian saffron rice. Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds as a garnish.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?