Gosh e Feel is known for its distinct shape an elephant ear, and is a traditional dessert served with Kehwa. A popular snack served with evening tea.
Things to know about Gosh e Feel Recipe
‘Gosh’ means ‘ear’ and ‘feel’ means elephant, explaining its name. These popular pastries are shaped like an elephant’s ear. This easy and simple recipe is part of the Eid feast and family gathering.
Ramadan is also an important event when it is consumed. Sprinkled with cinnamon powder and crushed pistachios, this sweet is a favorite among children.
Scrumptious Iranian Traditional “Elephant Ear” Pistachio Cookies from Isfahan. Authentic Recipe of Gosh e Feel.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 2 pcs Egg Large
- 1 pinch Salt
- 30 grams (1.06 oz) Butter Melted
- ½ cup Icing Sugar – Powdered Sugar – Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- 50 ml (1.69 floz) Whole Milk / Full-Fat Milk / Full-Cream Milk
- Oil For frying
- 1 Handful Pistachio Crushed
- Sift the flour and separate it into two parts, 4/5of the flour and 1/5 of the flour.
- Take a large bowl and add 4/5th of the flour.
- Take another bowl and add whisked eggs, melted butter, and granulated sugar and mix well.
- Slowly add milk while mixing.
- Pour this mixture into flour slowly and keep mixing.
- When the mixture feels sticky, start adding the remaining 1/5th of the flour.
- When a dough forms, knead for 12-15 minutes.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for an hour.
- Prepare a flat floured surface.
- Start rolling the dough with a rolling pin, until about 0.5 cm (0.20 inches) thick.
- Cut out circles and pinch at one side with your thumb and forefinger so it resembles the ear of an elephant.
- Place cookies on a greased tray or parchment paper.
- Pour oil into a frying pan, enough for deep frying.
- Add gosh e feel once oil is ready for frying.
- Fry for about a minute and flip. Do this until both sides are golden brown.
- Place pastries on a tray.
- Sprinkle confectioner’s sugar.
- Sprinkle cinnamon powder and crushed pistachios.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Gosh e Feel
You can sprinkle chopped rose petals for a more classic taste.
What to serve with Gosh e Feel?
Serve with Kehwa or Tea.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?