Things to know about Naan Zanjafel Recipe
The Iranian version of Gingerbread is called ‘Naan Zanjafel’. In Persian ‘Zanjafel’ means ‘ginger’ and ‘Naan is a type of flatbread’. It is associated with the beautiful and historic city of Tabriz. Which is known for its ancient mosques, fortresses, and citadels. Tabrizi gingerbread is fluffy, soft, and aromatic. Saffron mixed with egg yolk is applied on the surface for a beautiful golden yellow color and the sprinkled sesame seeds added to the beauty of the bread. This simple bread is easy to cook and it makes a perfect snack for tea time.
Delicious Iranian Traditional Ginger Bread from Tabriz. Authentic Recipe of Naan Zanjafel.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 pc Egg Yolk
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger Powder
- 1 tbsp Dry Yeast
- 1 tbsp Saffron
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sesame Seed
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Oil
- Mix dried yeast and milk in a bowl, cover, and leave for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, ginger, salt, whole egg, and yogurt.
- Blend in a mixer or thoroughly mix with a whisk.
- Add the yeast mixture to it.
- Add in the flour. Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 356 F.
- Grease baking tray with melted butter or oil.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and divide into 5-6 parts.
- Press with your hands and shape it into a square or circle.
- Transfer into a baking tray.
- Decorate the dough with different cuts or strips.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 15minutes.
- Beat the egg yolk with the saffron.
- Brush the dough with the yolk mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake it for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
You can eat it as it is or serve it with green tea and butter.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.