Things to know about Albaloo Polo Recipe
Albaloo is wild cherries and polo is pilaf, a style of cooking rice used in Iran. Traditionally cherry polo is made at parties as a side dish or dessert. It’s a very easy but colorful recipe. Cheery gives a beautiful pink shade to white rice and the use of saffron also enhances the color gradient so this dish looks impressive. The sweet but tangy flavor of cherries provides a very refreshing tone. Albaloo polo is considered a side dish, mostly cooked at family gatherings. For a savory touch, it can be served with a variety of kebabs. You can also pair it with meatballs or stews or a simple puree.
Delicious Iranian Traditional Sour Cherry Rice. Authentic Recipe of Albaloo Polo.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3 cups Basmati Rice White
- 1 tbsp Salt For the rice
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Cherry
- 1 pc Onion Large
- 1 pinch Saffron Powder
- 4 tbsp Water Warm, for the saffron
- ⅓ cup Pistachio Chopped
- ⅓ cup Almond Slivered/chopped
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 3-4 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Butter
- Mix the saffron powder with warm water and set aside.
- Remove cherry kernels, and wash cherries.
- In a pan over medium heat, add cherries and sugar.
- Let it simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then remove the cherries with the help of a slotted spoon and cook the sugar syrup for another 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Add the butter to the syrup and cook.
- Soak rice in cool water with salt after washing for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Fill half of the pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add rice and cook for 7-10 minutes or until rice grain is soft at the ends but still hard in the center.
- Drain with a colander and run cool water over it.
- Take a large pot and add oil or some slices of lavash bread to prepare tahdig.
- Make a layer of rice then add cooked cherries.
- Add another layer of rice and then pour cherry juice and oil mixture on the rice layer.
- Then add diluted saffron at the top.
- Cover the pot with a kitchen towel and cook for 45 minutes over very low heat.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- You can use both fresh and canned cherries. Although traditionally sour cherries are used.
- Use of butter and nuts is optional.
Albaloo polo is also made with yogurt tahdig. It has yogurt mixed with rice as the crusty base.
Serve with chicken stew, a variety of kebabs, or meatballs.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.