Things to know about Samoon Recipe
Traditionally, Samoon is baked in a stone oven much like traditional pizza ovens. It’s most common in Iraq and Kurdistan Region but you can easily find it in many parts of the Middle East. Traditionally Iraqi do not bake it at home. They buy bread from a local bakery. It is a delicious bread with a crispy and crunchy exterior and soft inside. Iraqi eat it with a variety of kebabs, meat patties called; falafel, and shawarma. It’s a mix of white flour and whole wheat that gives a crunchy flavor. Make sure to add warm water and leave to rest for the appropriate time, and you will get a perfect Iraqi flavor of Samoon.
Delicious Iraqi Traditional Baked Bread. Authentic Recipe of Samoon.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 4 cups Water
- 4 tsp Yeast
- 2 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 6 cups All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seed
- 1 pc Egg
- In a bowl, mix half of the water, yeast, and sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine All-purpose flour, wheat flour, and oil.
- Add the yeast mixture.
- Mix and fold the dough.
- Slowly add more water and knead until a soft, smooth dough is formed.
- Grease a clean bowl with oil and transfer the dough.
- Cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into pieces (according to the number of portions of the recipe).
- On a floured surface, shape each part into an oblong shape and leave to set for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a greased baking tray.
- Flatten the dough a little. Let it rest for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F/204C.
- Glaze or brush the dough with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 20—30 minutes or until golden brown.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.