Things to know about Khobz Recipe
Khobz is the most commonly eaten bread in Iraq. It’s a staple part of Iraqi Cuisine. Khobz can be served with almost every type of kebab, stew, or pie. You can make a roll or sandwich with it. Traditionally, Iraq does not cook bread at home, it is always bought from the local bread store or ‘tandoor’. But it can be easily cooked at home. It only needs a few ingredients, and the cooking method is simple. Unlike many other varieties it is not baked but cooked on an iron skillet.
Delicious Iraqi Traditional Flatbread. Authentic Recipe of Khobz.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cup Water Warm
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Yeast
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- Mix water, yeast, and sugar in a small bowl and leave for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and olive oil.
- Add the yeast mixture.
- Knead the dough for 5 -10 minutes.
- Grease a clean bowl with oil and transfer the dough.
- Cover and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough. Each part is about a fistful of dough.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into flatbread.
- Heat an iron skillet at a high temperature.
- Place the bread on the skillet and cook for 2minutes while flipping both sides.
- The bread is done once there are brown spots on the surface.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?