Things to know about Batinjan Maqli Recipe
Eggplant is an essential part of Iraqi Cuisine. Among several delicious eggplant dishes, traditional Batinjan maqli is served cold with layers of vegetables and lemon juice. Widely consumed as an appetizer or made into sandwiches, it is a staple for the whole year.
Appetizing Iraqi Traditional Fried Eggplant. Authentic Recipe of Batinjan Maqli.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Eggplant – Aubergine Large
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- Vegetable Oil For frying
- 2 pcs Tomato Large, sliced
- 1 clove Garlic Grated
- ¼ tsp Chilli Pepper
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice or vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cut off the stem of the eggplant and cut it in half length-wise. Make slices in the form of stripes. Each is about ¼ inch (0.5 cm) thick.
- Put these slices in warm water mixed with salt, and soak them for about 30 minutes.
- Coat the eggplant slices with flour.
- Add oil to a wide saucepan filling about ½ inch (1.3 cm) of the pan and bring to heat.
- Fry the eggplants until each side is golden brown.
- Drain excess oil using a colander.
- Brown tomato slices in the oil or serve raw.
- Take a large plate and arrange the eggplant slices and tomato slices. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Complete with lemon juice or vinegar.
This dish is served cold mostly, but a hot platter can also be served.
Soaking eggplant slices in salt water prevent extra soaking of oil while frying. Do not deep fry the eggplant slices, this recipe calls for shallow frying.
Serve with yogurt or curd, or Tahini Sauce.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.