Things to know about Kubbat Halab Recipe
Kubbat Halab is a traditional Iraqi delicacy. It is cooked at festivals mostly. Iraqi make these rice stuffing different from all other Arab countries. The recipe has its origin in medieval times. When it was cooked with many complex techniques. The recipe that is famous today is simple but full of flavors. Arabic spice mix, which consists of many regional spices, gives an aromatic but authentic Iraqi Arabic taste to the stuffing. One rice ball is called kubbi or kubba in Arabic. You can serve fresh hot kubba with lots of yogurt and mango pickles to your guests as an authentic Iraqi appetizer.
Delicious Iraqi Traditional Rice Balls. Authentic Recipe of Kubbat Halab.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3 cups Rice
- 2 pcs Egg
- 10 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Beef or lamb
- ½ cup Onion Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Arabic Spice – Bahar
- ¼ cup Pine Nut
- 2 cups Vegetable Oil For frying
- Boil rice in water.
- When the rice is soft and mushy drain the water and let it cool down.
- Then mix half of the eggs and rice in a food processor.
- Process until it becomes a soft dough.
- If it is not smooth, add the other half of the eggs and set it aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add ground meat and cook for 5 -7 minutes.
- Then add onion, salt, and spice mix.
- Cook it until onions are soft and transparent.
- Then add pine nuts, cook for 1 minute, and set aside.
- Keep some oil in a small bowl aside.
- Take a scoop of the rice mixture, about the size of a small egg.
- Wet your fingers with vegetable oil and roll the mixture with your fingers. Mold it into a football shape with space inside.
- Then add a teaspoon of filling and seal it.
- Heat oil in a small pan enough to fry 4-5 kubbat at a time.
- Fry for about 3 minutes, remove and keep on a paper towel.
- Serve them with pickles.
If your rice mixture is thin add some cornflour.
Serve with pickles or salad.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.