Things to know about Kare Raisu Recipe
Japanese Traditional Curry Rice with Chicken – Kare raisu is a very popular dish in Japan, and the British people brought it in the 19th century during the Meiji era. That is why this dish is very close to the English curry, characterized by having a heavy and savory sauce with the use of curry powder. It is a combination of meat and vegetables which are served together with steamed rice. One of the reasons it is a staple food in Japan is that it is very easy to prepare, cook, and eat. It is eaten with a spoon instead of a chopstick. Aside from rice, it is also served with a salad made of fresh vegetables like cucumber salad, eggplant, and more.
Rich and Savory Japanese Traditional Curry Rice with Chicken. Authentic Recipe of Kare Raisu.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 900 grams (1.98 lb) Chicken Breast Boneless
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 2 pcs Carrot
- 2 pcs Onion
- 2 pcs Potato
- ½ pc Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1½ tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 cups Water
- 1 pc Apple
- 1 tbsp Honey
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 pack Japanese Curry Roux
- 1½ tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 4 pcs Egg Soft boiled
- Prepare and measure all ingredients accurately ahead of time.
- Take out extra fat and some skin, cut the chicken into bite sizes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Peel and cut all vegetables and soak the potato in water to remove excess starch for about 15 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium fire and sauté the onion until it becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and pork and cook by adding the water and boil.
- Once simmering, skim the fat on the surface of the water.
- Peel and grate the apple according to the level of sweetness you want.
- Add the grated apple and honey and simmer for 20 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Put the potatoes and carrots, and cook for about 15 minutes or until they become tender.
- Turn off the fire. Get some water from the soup and dissolve the curry roux or powder mix. Mix it well until the sauce becomes smooth.
- Put the roux mixture back into the soup and mix well.
- Add some soy sauce and ketchup to the sauce to add more flavor and color.
- Simmer on low fire until the sauce becomes thick.
- Soft boiled the egg and cut it in half.
- Serve the curry with steamed rice on the side of the plate and garnish with half soft boiled egg.
- In case of leftover curry, put it in an airtight container. Store it inside the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer to last for a month.
- Make sure to take out the potatoes and carrots before freezing as they will change in texture.
- When reheating, add ½ cup of water to dilute the curry.
- You can substitute the chicken with beef or pork.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.