Things to know about Taiyaki Recipe
Japanese Traditional Fish Shaped Cake from Tokyo – Taiyaki is usually eaten as a snack with azuki bean paste filling that is lightly sweet and tasty. The best way to consume it is when it is warm and fresh from the oven. Also, this snack is popular as part of the winter festival in Japan. Food historians believe that this sweet treat came from Tokyo during the Meiji era. However, it became very popular in 1976, along with the rise in the children’s song entitled “Oyoge.” The best Taiyaki has a crispier shell that is golden brown. Although some bakeries made their version with different fillings, the basic Taiyaki is still the best.
Sweet and Appetizing Japanese Traditional Fish Shaped Cake from Tokyo. Authentic Recipe of Taiyaki.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Red Bean Paste – Adzuki Bean Paste – Anko – Hong Dou Sha Sweetened
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 1.5 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 pc Egg Large
- Prepare and measure all ingredients accurately ahead of time.
- Divide the red bean paste into 40 grams (1.5oz) each and shape it like a cylinder.
- Cover each with cling wrap and put it inside the fridge.
- In a large bowl, sift all-purpose flour and baking powder. Create a well at the center.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into a separate bowl and pour them into the well you created.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients until combined. Do not overmix.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let the batter rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- It is important to prepare the taiyaki pan and heat it over medium fire.
- Take the red bean paste out of the fridge.
- Once the pan is ready, pour about 2 tbsp of batter, place the sweet red bean roll in the middle, and then add more batter to cover the red bean paste.
- Press or close the pan and let the taiyaki cook for about 3 to 5minutes over low heat.
- Make sure that both sides are well cooked. Remove the taiyaki out of the pan carefully.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter and red bean paste.
- Serve the taiyaki while still warm.
- You can choose from ready-made bottled or tinned red bean paste.
- It is better to use hand gloves in removing the taiyaki from the pan to avoid burn.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.