Things to know about Tonkatsu Ramen Recipe
Japanese Traditional Noodle Soup from Fukuoka – Tonkatsu Ramen is authentic ramen with very rich soup from its fatty pork, fresh noodles, soft boiled egg, and tender pork. It is usually garnished with finely chopped scallion that gives a vibrant fresh color. Also, it has bamboo shoots for a nutty flavor and nori seaweed to offer some crunchiness, and corn for a bit of sweetness.
The rich soup comes from boiling pork bines until the fat and collagen dissolve into the water. It results in a creamy and tasty soup. Today, it became a very popular Japanese dish since its introduction in the household kitchen in Fukuoka.
Tonkatsu Ramen – Japanese Traditional Noodle Soup from Fukuoka
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 113 grams (3.99 oz) Pork Belly
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Soy Milk
- 1 pc Chicken Bouillon cube
- 360 grams (12.7 oz) Ramen Noodles
- 4 tbsp. Ramen Tare
- 1 pc Spring Onion – Scallion – Green Onion
- 1 cup Bean Sprout
- 4 pcs Nori Seaweed
- 2 pcs Egg
- 1 clove Garlic
- Prepare and measure all ingredients accurately ahead of time.
- Pour water into a large pot and heat over medium fire. Once the water starts to simmer, add the chicken bouillon. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the pork belly. Let it sit for about 5 to 7 minutes. Take the pork belly out of the water and transfer it to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, then add the soy milk.
- Using a separate pot, cook the noodles according to cooking instructions. Fresh noodles only take 2 minutes, while the dried noodles may take 3 to 4 minutes to cook.
- Once the noodles are tender, you may add and cook the bean sprout and nori seaweed for 1 to 2 minutes, take it out of the water and drain.
- Sear the pork belly in a frying pan over high heat until it becomes golden brown or roast. Set it aside.
- Finely chop the green onion and set it aside.
- Boil the egg for 3 to 4 minutes for soft boiled.
- Put the boiled egg in a bowl of water to cool down, take out the shell and cut it into half.
- In a serving bowl, add a tablespoon of ramen tare and pour 1 ½ cup of soup and mix well.
- Add some noodles into the bowl and stir, then add the toppings.
- Arrange the slice of pork belly, half soft boiled egg, nori seaweed, bean sprout, and green onion on top of the noodles.
- Grate some fresh garlic according to your taste. The spiciness of the garlic will balance the richness of the soup. Enjoy!
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.