Things to know about Sunomono Recipe
Japanese Traditional Cucumber Salad – Sunomono is lightly seasoned with a sweet dressing made of vinegar and soy sauce. It is a very simple dish and refreshing, and you can incorporate other ingredients of your choice like seaweed, seafood, or roasted sesame seed. It depends on your preference and health status. Sunomono is a vinegar-based salad that is the best way to start a meal. The sourness that comes from the vinegar may arouse the appetite. Usually, people in Japan love eating this salad during the summer season as it can cool down the body because of the cucumber, which is high in water. Also, it is a wonderful dish to pair with grilled dishes like a slice of meat or fish. The salad has a tangy and sweet flavor with a bit of crunchiness. The health benefits are incredible. That is why it is good to enjoy the salad every week.
Tangy and Sweet Japanese Traditional Vegetarian Cucumber Salad. Authentic Recipe of Sunomono.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 pcs Japanese Cucumber
- 1 tbsp Wakame Seaweed Dried
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame Seed Toasted, White or Black
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Rice Vinegar – Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt It is better to use diamond crystal salt
- 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce You may choose a gluten free soy sauce
- Prepare and measure all ingredients accurately ahead of time.
- In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and salt. Whisk until well incorporated. Taste if the vinegar is too strong for you. You may dilute it using a small amount of water.
- Soak the dried wakame seaweed in water to rehydrate for about 10 minutes.
- Alternately peel the cucumber vertically to create a stripe on its skin and then slice thinly in a round shape.
- Rub the salt in the cucumber, and set aside for about 5 minutes. The salt will help to take out excess liquid from the cucumber. It is to avoid the release of excess water after mixing all the seasoning.
- It is important to take out the water from the dried seaweed and cucumbers, put them in a salad bowl, pour the seasoning, and then toss lightly.
- Sprinkle it with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
You can make a version of this salad including seafood
It is good as an appetizer or side dish together with grilled dishes like chicken, pork, beef, or fish.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.