Things to know about Kuyrdak Recipe
‘Kuyrdak’ literally refers to frying. Freshly cut entrails of animals are fried with some herbs and minimal spices. Traditionally it was cooked when a man slaughtered an animal. This exotic dish is really easy to prepare with minimum ingredients.
Mouthwatering Kazak Traditional Lamb Meat Stew from South Kazakhstan. Authentic Recipe of Kuyrdak.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Lamb Meat, medium cut
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Lamb Lungs Medium cut
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Lamb Heart Medium cut
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Lamb Liver Medium cut
- 3 pcs Onion Large, diced
- 6-7 cloves Garlic
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Fat
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Carrot Diced
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Bulgarian Sweet Pepper Diced
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Tomato Diced
- 1 bunch Dill Chopped
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley Chopped
- 4 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 4 tbsp Red Pepper Powder
- 4 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt To taste
- Wash and cut all types of meat into medium size pieces separately.
- In a large cauldron, heat oil.
- Add lamb meat and fry over high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Then add Lamb heart and fry for 3-4 more minutes.
- Then add the Lamb lungs.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, and garlic to the Lamb meat.
- Add red and black pepper with cumin seeds, and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add more water if needed.
- Mix the ingredients well, then add tomatoes and sweet pepper with salt.
- Cover the cauldron and again simmer for 10 minutes.
- When Meat is almost cooked, add Lamb liver.
- Cover the cauldron and cook for 20 minutes.
- Mix well and Add chopped dill and parsley before serving.
- Always use a large cauldron, the taste comes with the right utensils.
- Traditionally, meat from the freshly slaughtered animals is used for this dish.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?