Things to know about Plove Recipe
Plov from Kazakhstan is influenced by its neighboring nations, especially Uzbekistan and Kyrgyz tribes. Kazakhs like to keep their food with minimum seasoning, mainly because of the tribal background, when people had the least resources to obtain food from outside their areas. Unlike other variations where carrots are pre-cooked in syrup and used as a garnish. Kazakhs fry carrots before preparing the broth for rice. It’s an easy, rich, and nutritious pilaf recipe. This delicious pilaf is a perfect choice to cook as a treat for celebrations or to serve your guests.
Delicious Kazakh Traditional Rice and Meat. Authentic Recipe of Plov.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 cup Short Grain Rice – Small Grain Rice
- 2 cups Water To soak the rice
- ½ pc Onion Large, thinly sliced
- 2 pcs Carrot Grated
- 3 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Beef Diced
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Lamb Diced
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Wash rice and soak in water for an hour.
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Fry the meats until it turns brown and tender.
- Then add onion to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and grated carrots, and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Then add the soaked rice with water and garlic, and let it boil.
- You can taste the broth at this time and add more spices according to your taste.
- Cook for 20 minutes on very low heat or until water is absorbed.
- Your Plov will be ready.
- You can use either lamb or beef for this recipe.
- It can be cooked with long grain rice.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.