Things to know about Hagyomanyos Tokfozelek Recipe
“Tökfőzelék” is a delicious and creamy vegetable stew, a pottage to be more precise. Hungarians have many versions of pottages, but this one is an old favorite during the spring season. It’s usually served as a main course for lunch or dinner with some meatballs or sausages on the side. The pottage is best served at room temperature. It’s a light, creamy, and refreshing meal. An easy vegetarian meal, done in only 25 minutes.
Yummy Marrow Pumpkin Pottage from Hungary. Traditional Recipe of Hagyomanyos Tokfozelek.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 pc White Onion Medium
- 1 bunch Dill
- 1½ tbsp Pastry Flour – Fine Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- 30 grams (1.06 oz) Butter
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder Hungarian
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Milk
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Squash – Pumpkin
- 1 pinch Pepper Powder
- For the first step, you will need a cutting board and a chef's knife; once you got them, chop the onion and dill into small pieces, and the marrow pumpkin into small cubes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, and add the chopped onion, simmer until golden brown. Season with pepper, paprika powder, and salt, add half of the chopped dill, stir and cook on low heat for 2 minutes; later on, add the diced pumpkin and the other half of the dill.
- Add in milk and water, cover, and continue cooking on low heat for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small mixing bowl, mix the flour with the sour cream and also add a tablespoon of the cooking liquid (vegetable juice), whisk until smooth, and pour it into the pan, stir a few times. By this time, the pumpkin should have fallen apart and become creamy.
- Once the pottage is ready and smooth, turn off the heat, and it's ready to be served.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.