Things to know about Keftedes Apo Arni Sto Fúrno Recipe
A flavorful mix of traditional Greek herbs with well-seasoned lamb creates these marvelous Oven Roasted Greek Meatballs. This simple recipe is packed with bold flavors that will make you fall in love with the lamb. Keftedes Arni is a perfect appetizer for any dinner table. They can be made from pork or beef. But lamb adds a whole new flavor to the combination of herbs and dips Keftedes Arni is served with. Traditional Keftedes Arni is pan-fried with a good amount of oil. However, if you prefer a healthier option this oven-baked option is just as tasty. Keftedes Arni is a staple in traditional Greek meze platters served as appetizers. These meze platters are packed with many dishes and dips that can be eaten together or separately on their own. They are served before a big meal and are an essential part of Greek Cuisine. They are shared by the whole table and include many popular Greek dishes and dips.
Juicy Oven Roasted Greek Lamb Meatballs. Authentic Recipe of Keftedes Apo Arni Sto Fúrno.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Ground (Minced) Lamb
- 1 pc Red Onion Large
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Coriander Powder
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Kefalotyri Cheese Or Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- Finely chop the onions and garlic, or grate them. Chop your fresh mint.
- Place all your ingredients except flour in a bowl and mix. Squeeze the ground lamb with your hands so all the flavors are incorporated into the meat. Cover the mixture and let it rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- To create the traditional shape of Keftedes Arni, grab a small amount of mixture and roll it in your palm to the size of a walnut. Then press down sligtly to flatten the Keftedes Arni. Set them aside for baking.
- To bake these authentic Keftedes Arni heat your oven to 400°F/200°C. On a greased parchment paper add your meatballs to the roasting tray in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes and turn the meatballs halfway through the cooking.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. Kalí órexi! Enjoy your meal!
- If you have a robot coupe, you can buzz the onions and garlic there, you will get a better texture. Alternatively, you can grate them, so you don’t have chunks of onion and garlic.
- If you don’t have breadcrumbs you can use stale bread. You can chop it finely to add to the mix.
- To be hundred percent sure if your Greek meatballs are cooked you can check their internal temperature when they are on the plate. If they are 145°F/62°C they are safe to eat, and the meat is fully cooked.
- If you have leftover meatball mixture you can make a pasta sauce out of it.
- If you choose you can pan-fry these meatballs as well, for a crispier finish.
- You can switch the lamb with ground beef or pork or combine two different types of meat. You can combine some crumbled feta into the mixture before cooking them as well to add extra flavor.
Serve Keftedes Arni with some warm pita and Tzatziki sauce. You can make a filling dish with these by serving them with rice or Greek Salad.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.