Things to know about Chicken Sajji Recipe
Traditional Chicken Sajji is one of the popular recipes that originated in Balochistan, Pakistan. A whole chicken is used to make this yummy recipe. Chicken is roasted over the coals/oven after marinating with spices. Overnight chicken marinating with simple spices is required for taste. Rice can be used for stuffing. It is roasted for 20 minutes and it becomes juicy, moist, and crispy from the outer surface.
Yummy Pakistani Traditional Roasted Chicken from Balochistan. Authentic Recipe of Chicken Sajji.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 whole Chicken
- ½ cup Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Salt
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- Water As needed
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seed
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Carom Seed – Ajwain
- 4 pcs Green Chili Fresh
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Root
- Clean and wash the whole chicken.
- Put it in a pot/container.
- Add spices i.e. salt and vinegar.
- Submerge the chicken by adding enough cold water.
- After making sure that all salt has been dissolved, keep the whole chicken in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Get chicken out from the fridge, and remove the brine. Rinse with water and dry it gently with a towel/cloth.
- Put coriander seeds and cumin seeds in the frying pan and dry roast it without adding oil until its color turns golden brown.
- Mix ground spice mix, salt black pepper powder and cardamom powder.
- Add lemon juice, green chilies, ginger, garlic to the above mixture and blend it well to make paste.
- Rub the paste to the whole chicken.
- Keep it at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Bind the chicken with twine.
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C (320 °F).
- Put chicken in the pan and place it in the oven.
- Bake it for 20 minutes on each side.
- To make sure whether the chicken is well cooked or not, insert a knife between the thigh and breast of the chicken. If juice exudes out, chicken is ready to eat.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?