Things to know about the Serbian Style Musaka Recipe
This is a dream dish if you love potatoes and meat. You can find variants of Musaka all around the Balkans, Middle East, and Greece. Contrary to the Greek style musaka, the Serbian style musaka does not include aubergines. The name comes from the Arabian language and means “that which is fed liquid”. This is the main dish that is quite easy to make. Serbian-style musaka is a great dish for the winter months because it is served hot. To make this casserole dish it’s important to be generous with oil and spices just to make sure everything is cooked evenly and tasty.
Delicious Serbian Traditional Meat and Potato Casserole. Authentic Recipe of Serbian Style Musaka.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Potato
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Pork
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Beef
- 2 cloves Garlic Large
- 500 ml (16.91 floz) Milk
- 75 ml (5.07 floz) Olive Oil For sautéing
- 75 ml Olive Oil For the casserole
- 2 tsp Smoked Hot Paprika Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper Powder
- 2½ tsp Salt
- 4 pcs Egg Large
- In a pan, add oil and sauté the garlic. Add salt.
- Add meat and cook it on low heat for 20 minutes, mix occasionally.
- When it’s nearly done add the rest of the spices and mix well.
- While the meat is cooking, peel the potatoes and slice them (round).
- Wash the sliced potatoes under cold water, add salt and let them soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a casserole dish, oil the bottom with oil.
- Put the first layer of potatoes then add a layer of meat. Repeat until all the sliced potatoes and meat are used.
- Mix milk with eggs and salt and pour it over the last layer of potatoes.
- Put it in a preheated oven on 200°/390°F and bake it for 30 minutes or until golden brown .
- You can make the dish spicy by adding spicy smoked paprika or chili.
- You can replace potatoes with eggplants or zucchini.
Make sure the bottom layer of potatoes is covered in oil to ensure that the potatoes will be cooked evenly.
You can serve it with yogurt or garden salad.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.