You want to make Serbian Sarma but you just can’t make the rolls. Punjene Paprike is the recipe for you.
Things to know about Punjene Paprike Recipe
Stuffed peppers are a traditional Balkan dish very similar to Sarma. The similarities are seen in the way the stuffing is made. All the ingredients are the same, and the cooking process too.
The best pepper to use is bell peppers because they are wide and easy to fill. You can use pork or beef or a mix of both. The rice is washed but doesn’t have to be cooked although in some places in Balkan, the rice is steamed.
The most important ingredient is spices. The more spices the better but it is most commonly made with a combination of salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and bay leaves.
My grandmother’s Serbian Traditional Stuffed Peppers. Authentic Recipe of Punjene Paprike.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 10 units Bell Pepper
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Ground (Minced) Beef
- 2 units Onion
- 1 unit Carrot
- ½ cup Rice
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Smoked Sweet Paprika Powder
- 2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 3 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 units Tomato
- 1 cup Water
- In a pan add oil and sauté the onions.
- Add meat and cook it for about 15 minutes.
- Grind a carrot and add it to the meat, then add washed rice and spices.
- Mix well and remove from the heat.
- Hollow out the peppers then fill about 2/3 of the pepper with the filling.
- Slice the tomatoes. Using the tip of the sliced tomato, cover the bell peppers.
- In a casserole dish, arrange the peppers, add the rest of the tomatoes and add the water.
- Cook them for about an hour then bake them for 15 minutes.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?