Bring a piece of Serbian tradition to your home and greet your guests with this authentic sweet Slatko Od Dunja.
Things to know about Slatko Od Dunja Recipe
Slatko is a thin fruit preserve made out of fruit and it can also be made out of roses. Almost all kinds of fruit can be used, but in Serbia, cherries, plums, and quince are the most popular.
Slatko is a very old dish and is used traditionally for greeting guests. When guests visit, the first thing on the table is a slatko and a glass of water. The most honored guests would be offered to take a spoon of slatko twice, but they have to use different spoons.
Taking a slatko for the third time is considered inappropriate. Quince symbolizes love, so almost every family has a Quince tree in their front yard. That is the reason why Quince Slatko is one of the most popular.
Yummy Serbian Traditional Sweet Quince Jam. Authentic Recipe of Slatko Od Dunja.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Quince – Cydonia
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1500 ml (50.72 floz) Water
- In a pot, place washed quince and cover them with water.
- Cook them on high heat until the water boils.
- Take quince out of the water and while they are still hot peel them and cut them into squares.
- In a different pot, add about 2 cups of the water used to boil the quince. Add sugar.
- Once it starts to boil, add in the quince and cook until it thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the foam that is collected on top.
- Cover the pot with a kitchen towel and leave it to cool overnight.
- Transfer into sterilized jars and store.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Slatko Od Dunja
- You don’t have to mix slatko with a spoon. You can swirl the pot occasionally.
- You can add a handful of walnuts after the cooking is finished.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?