This traditional Serbian recipe for Pindjur is just the thing for you if you like spicy sauces. And you can make it while making Ajvar.
Things to know about Pindjur Recipe
The recipes for Ajvar and Pindjur are very similar, with few differences. Firstly, Pindjur is made from peppers and tomatoes and Ajvar is made from eggplants. The texture is a lot lighter, and the thickness is different also.
That’s why Pindjur is a great sauce substitute for tomato paste in making pizza. Because of its texture, Pindjur is most commonly used in the summer. Like Ajvar, Pindjur can also be used as a spread on bread or other pastries and as a side dish.
The key to making the dish perfect is to use the right kind of pepper, Serbia’s most favored pepper, the Kurt’s Gate Peppers.
Savory Serbian Traditional Tomato and Red Pepper Sauce. Authentic Recipe of Pindjur.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 5 kg (11.02 lb) red pepper
- 2 kg (4.41 lb) Tomato
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 300 mL (10.14 floz) Oil
- 9 units Chilli Pepper
- 30 grams (1.06 oz) Salt
- 30 grams (1.06 oz) White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 200 mL (6.76 floz) Vinegar
- 1.5 bundle Fresh Parsley
- Grill the peppers and chili on a griller for about 30 minutes and put them in a zip-lock bag and let them cool.
- Wash the tomatoes and put them on a baking sheet and bake them for 35 minutes at 180°C/360°F.
- When the peppers are cooled, peel them and remove the seeds and pedicles and grind them.
- Do the same for the tomatoes.
- After the tomatoes are baked and cooled peel them and remove the hard piece.
- Peel the garlic and blend it with parsley.
- In a large pot, put oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and peppers, tomatoes and garlic, and parsley.
- Cook them at medium heat for 2 hours and stir them constantly.
- Heat/sterilize the mason jars at 50°C/122°F.
- After the Pindjur is cooked and cooled a little, place them in jars and let them cool overnight then close them.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?