Beat the heat the healthy way! Gazpacho Andaluz is made of blended locally sourced fresh vegetables, served cold as a soup or drink.
Things to know about Gazpacho Andaluz Recipe
Let’s go down south of Spain – Andalusia, the second largest autonomous community in the country, is also one of the hottest areas in Europe. And what’s the best thing to do to beat the heat? Have a cold soup! Cold soup? You read that right!
Most of you are familiar with the Gazpacho soup, but did you know that it originated in Andalusia? The Gazpacho has several other variations, such as the Salmorejo and Ajoblanco, and Gazpacho Manchego, but the base of it all is the Gazpacho Andaluz.
Also, the world-renowned Jamón Serrano & Iberico are produced in this region. Gazpacho Andaluz is a very simple, refreshing, and light soup that’s perfect for a hot summer day. The ingredients are readily available in your local market, it’s very easy to make, and it’s delicious!
Refreshing Spanish Traditional Cold Raw Vegetable Soup from Andalusia. Authentic Recipe of Gazpacho Andaluz.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Tomato
- 70 grams (2.47 oz) Cucumber
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Bell Pepper
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 50 ml (1.69 floz) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 30 ml (1.01 floz) White Wine Vinegar
- 350 ml (11.83 floz) Water Cold
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 pcs Tomato Cherry
- 4 slices Cucumber
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Green Bell Pepper
- 20 grams (0.71 oz) Spring Onion – Scallion – Green Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil As needed
- Rinse the tomatoes, cucumber, and bell peppers well. Pat dry and set aside.
- Remove the stems of the tomatoes, and cut them into quarters. Chop the green bell pepper into small dice. Set aside.
- Peel the cucumber, onion, and garlic. Chop into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Add all the cleaned and chopped vegetables into the food processor or blender.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, salt, and water. Start at minimum speed and gradually increase until you reach the maximum speed. Continue to blend the ingredients to incorporate all of their flavors until the consistency is soup-like. It should be thick but slightly runny.
- Adjust the flavor if necessary by adding salt.
- Once it is ready, transfer the gazpacho into a bowl and cover it with plastic/cling wrap. Let it cool in the chiller for at least 2-3 hours.
Garnish & Service
- Chop the green bell pepper into small dice. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half. Finely chop the spring onions. Thinly slice the cucumber into disks.
- When the Gazpacho is already cold, take it out from the chiller. Transfer into serving bowls and garnish with the prepared vegetables. Drizzle with a little olive oil on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Gazpacho Andaluz
- For the Gazpacho Andaluz: Blend all ingredients well. There should be no solid or whole pieces in the soup.
- Take note that a Gazpacho Andaluz must be served chilled.
What to serve with Gazpacho Andaluz?
You may opt to serve it in a soup bowl, a glass, or even a shot glass! Feel free to get creative with this dish.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?