Things to know about Banoffee Pie Recipe
A popular English dessert made up of bananas and toffee, banoffee pie! It is a rich combination of different textures and flavors, the pie crust sits on a biscuit base, topped with caramel, bananas, and whipped cream making a soft, crunchy, and utterly delicious dessert. The recipe was coined in 1971 by Nigel Mackenzie chef in East Sussex. The original banoffee pie recipe was based on an American dessert recipe called “Blum’s Coffee Toffee Pie” from the Blum’s Bakery in San Francisco. Banoffee pie is now a famously delicious English classic.
Delicious Traditional Banoffee Pie from Britain. Authentic Recipe of Banoffee Pie.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Digestive Biscuit
- 150 grams (5.29 oz) Butter Melted
- 400 grams (14.11 oz) Caramel Sauce
- 3 pcs Banana Peeled, Sliced
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar – Powdered Sugar – Confectioners Sugar
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a bowl using a wooden spoon or use a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Combine the biscuits with the melted butter and mix well. Pour into a 23 cm / 9 inch loose-bottomed fluted tart tin and push down the biscuits into an even, smooth layer and create a biscuit edge of about half a cm high. Chill for 1 hour or overnight.
- Mix the caramel to ensure it is loose and spread it evenly over the biscuit base. Layer the sliced bananas on top and gently push them into the sauce to ensure they will set. Leave in the fridge for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream and icing sugar until thick then get the cake tin out of the fridge and layer the cream over the bananas evenly. Carefully remove the Shell of your cake tin, removing the bottom with the cake. Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to two days.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.