Things to know about Lemon Syllabub Recipe
The zesty, zingy Lemon Syllabub is a quick, simple dessert made with indulgent ingredients making it an ideal party dessert. This age-old dessert classic is a wonderful combination of sweet, thick whipped cream and white wine with a hint of lemon. The lemon Syllabub is a sweet dessert that dates back to the 16th Century. Originating from Cornwall, sweet cream is curdled and mixed with an acid-like wine. Due to the sweet and creamy nature, it would often be considered a “ladies drink”. Modern recipes add lemon to bring more flavor.
Delicious Traditional British Sweet Dessert Made of Wine, Cream, and Lemon Zest from Cornwall in England. Authentic Recipe of Lemon Syllabub.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) Whipping Cream – Heavy Cream
- 60 grams (2.12 oz) White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 60 ml (2.03 floz) Sweet White Wine
- 1 pc Lemon
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cream and sugar together to form stiff peaks.
- Zest and juice the lemon and add into the cream along with the wine. Fold to combine.
- Divide the mixture into your serving glasses and sprinkle the remaining zest over the top.
- Swap the lemons for limes to make a lime syllabub.
- To make an alcohol-free version, use apple juice instead of wine.
Serve with thin biscuit or biscotti.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.