Things to know about Eredeti Magyar Uborka Saláta Recipe
Fresh vegetables are usually always served next to each main dish in Hungary. That’s why we should never forget about the good old cucumber salad or as Hungarians call it, “Uborka Saláta”. It’s typically served with heavy and meat-centric meals such as “Paprikás” or “Pörkölt”, two famous Hungarian stew dishes. Although it’s a salad, it’s not an appetizer but a side dish Hungarians eat alongside their main meal. You may wonder why? Because Hungarian main courses are usually heavy dishes, so with this salad they have something light at the same time. Since it’s a salad, it can be interesting for you if you’re a vegetarian. Some likes to add sour cream, but traditionally it comes without it. This recipe’s origin is unknown, but we can assure you that you can find this salad in every Hungarian grandmother’s old recipe book.
Traditional Cucumber Salad from Hungary. Original Recipe of Eredeti Magyar Uborka Saláta.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 pcs Snake Cucumber
- 1 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 300 grams (10.58 oz) Sour Cream Optional
- The first thing to do is to grab a cutting board and a chef's knife, wash the cucumbers, peel them, and cut them into thin slices. Then place the slices into a medium mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper, and leave it for five minutes so the cucumber slices will soften a little.
- In the meantime, in a small cup, mix the vinegar, sugar, and pressed garlic. Pour it on the salad, stir it a few times, and the cucumber salad is ready to be served.
- In case you want to add the sour cream to the salad, pour it into the bowl and stir well with the cucumber slices.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?