Things to know about Tiropitakia Recipe
Tiropitakia is an individual serving of a traditional Greek feta cheese pie. Which is prepared in a large pan with a big and round phyllo dough. The bottom of the pie is crispy, and the inside is creamy with a feta cheese mixture. The phyllo dough is a thin pastry that is very common in Greek Cuisine. The thin aspect of this dough makes it easier to wrap the cheese mixture and roll, so Tiropitakia is never too thick. Phyllo dough flakes when baked give it the traditional texture of many pies in Greece. Due to the farming culture of Greece, spanakopita was invented to be handheld food for the working farmers. They would eat spanakopita while working to not waste time on a lunch break. Now, tiropitakia has come a long way and can be found in many Greek restaurants. This versatile dish has so much potential and flavor in it to not give it a try. Tiropitakia can be prepared in various ways such as in a baking dish, a layered pie, or as small triangles. With its many potentials, these Greek feta cheese triangles may be your entrance to the world of Greek cuisine.
Crunchy Traditional Greek Feta Cheese Triangles. Authentic Recipe of Tiropitakia.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 8 sheets Phyllo Dough
- 170 grams (6 oz) Feta Cheese
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Gouda Cheese Large
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1½ tbsp Dill Fresh
- 1½ tbsp Fresh Mint
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grate all the cheeses and mix them. Chop the fresh herbs.
- Add the egg, milk, and seasoning, and combine all the ingredients in a larger bowl.
- Add your preferred herbs.
- Heat the oven to 180°C/350 °F.
- On a clean kitchen counter spread one sheet of phyllo dough and using a pastry brush, brush the olive oil or butter on the dough.
- Spread another sheet right on top of the dough and brush some olive oil or butter on there as well.
- Cut the double phyllo dough into 3-4 strips depending on the size of tiropitakia you want to have.
- At the end of each strip add a tablespoon of filling. For the triangle shape of tiropitakia fold one corner of the dough towards the inside of the strip. Remember the first fold you do is the end of the strip where the filling is. Keep folding the triangle into itself until the end of the phyllo.
- Continue this process with the remaining 8 layers of phyllo.
- Oil a large baking tray and place the tiropitakia triangles on it. With a pastry brush, brush some butter on top of each tiropitakia triangle. Bake them for 25-30 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve these tiropitakia triangles hot or at room temperature. Kalíórexi! Enjoy your meal!
- You can switch between olive oil and butter for this recipe.
- You can add additional fresh herbs such as parsley or dill into the mixture before baking.
- You can make your phyllo dough for this tiropitakia recipe.
Be sure to oil the phyllo otherwise the dough won’t stick, and the filling will leak when baked. Don’t overfill the tiropitakia or the dough will tear while baking.
You can serve this tiropitakia as a starter on a meze platter. You can choose to add a dipping sauce with them such as Tzatziki or Talatouri.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.