Things to know about Mídia Saganáki Recipe
Midia saganaki is traditionally made in a single pot where the vegetables are sautéed then deglazed with authentic Greek ouzo, soaked in tomato sauce, and topped with crumbled feta. They are made in clay two-handed frying pans as an appetizer or a part of a meze platter. Midia saganaki is served with soft and fully pita bread. It is a staple in Psarotaverna in Greece. Psarotaverna is a fish tavern in Greece, they are mainly near the seaside and their main attraction is traditional Greek seafood. Midia means mussels in Greek and Saganaki means dishes made in these two handled clays frying pans with heavy bottoms. The ouzo and the clay itself add a unique taste to the dish but it is still delicious in any pan.
Tasteful Traditional Greek Mussel Saganaki with Feta Cheese. Authentic Recipe of Mídia Saganáki.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1500 grams (3.31 lb) Mussel
- 60 ml (2.03 floz) Dry White Wine
- 10 pcs Tomato Cherry
- 1 pc Green Bell Pepper Medium
- 1 spring Celery Medium
- 1 pc Carrot
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsley
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) Feta Cheese
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- Peel the carrots, and remove the seeds of the peppers. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Place all the vegetables except tomatoes in a blender, until they are chopped but not pureed.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil. Pour the chopped vegetables into the pan and sauté until the celeries are transparent.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and mussels to the pan.
- Add the white wine to the pan, increase the heat to high, and place a lid on top. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Ensure all the mussels are open.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or dill and serve midia saganaki hot with a glass of ouzo. Kalíórexi! Enjoy your meal!
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?