Things to know about Kolokithokeftedes Recipe
Kolokithokeftedes is a traditional Cretan meze that is paired with ouzo and is a staple in taverns and restaurants. In Greek, Kolokithi means gourds and Keftedes means meatballs. Since zucchini is a gourd the translation of kolokithokeftedes can be fried zucchini meatballs. Traditional Greek herbs and feta are what make these kolokithokeftedes distinguished. For the most authentic way of kolokithokeftedes, it is advised to keep the outside crispy and the inside soft and creamy.
Crispy Traditional Greek Oven Baked Zucchini Balls from Crete. Authentic Recipe of Kolokithokeftedes.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Zucchini – Courgette Medium
- 1 pc Red Onion
- 2 pcs Spring Onion – Scallion – Green Onion
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint
- 2 pcs Egg
- 1½ cups Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 500 ml (16.91 floz) Vegetable Oil
- Peel the zucchini. Using a grater, grate the zucchini and onions. Place the zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Squeeze the excess water from the zucchinis, let them sit for 30 minutes, and squeeze them again.
- Crumble the breadcrumbs with a food processor. In a large bowl mix all the ingredients with a spoon or your hands. If the dough is too loose add some flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F. Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball in your hands then flatten it to form a patty.
- Place the balls on an oiled tray, brush the patties with oil and bake for 25 minutes. Turn kolokithokeftede halfway.
- Serve hot with some cold yogurt. Kalí órexi! Enjoy your meal!
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?