Things to know about Kurtoskalacs Recipe
The famous Hungarian chimney cake originally comes from Romania from Székely Land. Back then, it was a part of the Hungarian Kingdom. The first-ever (known) recipe for the famous chimney cake, named “Kürtős kaláts’ à la Mrs. Poráni” was found in a 1784 cookbook which Transylvanian countess Mária Mikes de Zabola wrote. The Hungarian chimney cake has now become traditional street food, especially on Christmas. Every city in Hungary during Christmas is filled with “Kürtöskalács” stands. It can be topped with additional ingredients such as ground walnuts or powdered cinnamon; they’re also often filled with ice cream or whipped cream in some places.
Crunchy Traditional Hungarian Cinnamon Round Loaf or Chimney Cake from Szekely. Traditional Recipe of Kurtoskalacs.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 30 grams (1.06 oz) Yeast
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) Milk
- 2 pcs Egg
- 2 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 packet Vanilla Sugar
- 2 pcs Egg Yolk
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Pastry Flour – Fine Flour
- 100 ml (3.38 floz) Sunflower Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- In a small bowl, add yeast. Take some of the milk (Lukewarm and enough to activate the yeast) and add it to the bowl.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the leavened yeast, then add the rest of the ingredients, and knead.
- Let it rise for approximately 1 hour.
- Then, it should be stretched to about 0.5 cm thick (0.2 inches). Cut into strips, and rolled up into a long thin form (brushed with sunflower oil). The rolled dough is also oiled.
- Then roll it in some sugar or nuts.
- Rotate on coals (if you don’t have coals, you can also cook it in the oven, but it will take longer) until the sugar is caramelized.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?