It’s an authentic recipe for Nan-e Taftoon. This traditional soft bread is made of simple ingredients, including flour, yeast, and sugar.
Things to know about Nan-e Taftoon Recipe
Nan-e-Taftoon is a simple Iranian-Persian flatbread. It is usually cooked with whole wheat flour, yeast, and sugar. Modern versions may include eggs or yogurt. Authentic Taftoon bread is soft and delicious that is usually served with kebabs.
But you can also eat with different stews called khoresh, cottage cheese, or vegetables. Traditionally it is baked on the walls of a clay oven or tandoor. But you can also use an oven griddle or cast-iron skillet.
It is decorated with sesame seeds or nigella seeds while cooking. The soft texture and slightly sweet taste make it as exotic as it sounds.
Delicious Traditional Iranian Flatbread. Authentic Recipe of Nan-e Taftoon.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 2/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Yeast
- 1 tsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seed
- Mix yeast and sugar in a little warm water.
- Then mix salt and vegetable oil to it.
- Gradually add flour to the mixture and knead until a soft dough is formed.
- Place the dough back in the bowl, and cover with a kitchen towel. Leave to rise for 40 minutes.
- Preheat a girdle pan over medium heat.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Roll each ball with the help of a rolling pin, into 4 mm (0.12 inch) thick bread.
- Place the bread on the griddle, sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Flip the bread, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Continue flipping until small brown spots start to appear on the bread.
- Remove from the griddle and wrap it in a kitchen towel.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Nan-e Taftoon
- You can cook it in an oven griddle.
- You can also cook it on a stovetop using a cast-iron skillet.
- You can also cook it in a clay oven.
What to serve with Nan-e Taftoon?
Serve with cheese bhurji, or meat khoresh.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?