Things to know about Halva Recipe
Halva is a kind of dessert made all over Asia in different ways. Iranian halva is a very simple, easy-to-cook dish. It is made with wheat flour, sugar, and rose water. Persians love to add rose water to food. Wheat halva is also no exception to this. Wheat flour itself gives a very distinct aroma to this dish. Halva is made at celebrations and some Islamic ceremonies such as Eid. It is also a traditional dish served to guests with evening tea. Especially in winters, Halwa; filled with nuts makes an appetizing snack. Kids also love this dish. You must try this easy-breezy but delicious Iranian sweet.
My Grandmother’s Traditional Iranian Wheat Flour Sweet. Authentic Recipe of Halva.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1½ cup White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Rose Water
- ¼ tsp Ground Cardamom Powder
- ¼ tsp Saffron
- 2 cups Wheat Flour Sifted
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Almond Slivered
- ¼ cup Pistachio Chopped
- ¼ cup Coconut Shredded
- Take a medium saucepan and heat the water in it.
- Add sugar and bring it to a boil on low heat.
- Then add rose water, cardamom, and saffron to it and set it aside.
- Take another pan and add flour in it.
- Lightly toss the flour over medium heat for about 8–10 minutes. Until aroma arises.
- Then add oil to it and mix thoroughly while stirring. Cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Then start adding the sugar syrup to the flour.
- When the flour mixture thickens, remove it from heat.
- Transfer to a serving platter flatten it with a spatula and garnish with nuts.
Stir flour on medium heat for better texture and aroma.
Serve it with Persian traditional Tea.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.