Things to know about Krofne Recipe
Krofne is traditional Serbian air-filled doughnuts. The shape difference from American doughnuts is that they don’t have a hole in the middle. They are round and pretty thick, but the inside is hollow. Because of that, they are often filled with jam, marmalade, chocolate, custard, or cream. The name came from the German word Krapfen which means “doughnut”. This dish is a variation of the Central European pastry called Berliner and is also similar to Beignets. This dish is very popular among kids and is made for Easter, New Year’s Eve, and Christmas.
My Grandmother’s Traditional Serbian Airy Doughnuts. Authentic Recipe of Krofne.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 700 grams (1.54 lb) All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 40 grams (1.41 oz) Yeast
- 2 pcs Egg Large
- 400 ml (13.53 floz) Milk Lukewarm
- 50 ml (1.69 floz) Oil
- 700 ml (23.67 floz) Oil For deep frying
- 1 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- In lukewarm milk, add yeast and sugar and mix well.
- Add in half of the flour, mix well.
- Add in eggs, oil, and the rest of the flour. Mix.
- The dough should be soft and sticky. Shape the dough into a ball and cover it with a towel. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, knead your dough. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough to about 1 cm (0.4-inch) thick.
- Take a cup or a circular mold and use them to cut your doughnuts.
- When you use up all the dough, cover your doughnuts with a towel and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- In a deep pan, heat oil. Drop your doughnuts and deep fry them until golden brown.
- Take them out on a paper towel and let them cool down a little.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?