Things to know about Prebranac Recipe
If you ever come to Serbia you will be served this amazing dish. This is typically a winter dish and is very cheap to make. You can find many versions of it all over the Balkans, but the most popular ones are from Serbia and North Macedonia. The name comes from the act of sorting the beans. That means that the biggest and the best beans were used for this dish. You only need beans and spices to make it, but it is even better if you add smoked meat. It is made with white or brown beans. This dish is served for almost every occasion and is a staple when fasting. Similar to every other Balkanian dish, the key to making this dish perfectly is to add a lot of oil.
Yummy Traditional Serbian Baked Beans from South Serbia. Authentic Recipe of Prebranac.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) White Bean Tetovac, or brown
- 4 pcs White Onion Medium
- 1 pc Red Onion Large
- 250 ml (8.45 floz) Sunflower Oil
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 pc Bay Leaf
- Salt To taste
- Pepper Powder To taste
- In a pot, add beans. Add water enough to cover the beans cook and bring to a boil.
- Drain the beans, add half of the onions and spices and add water enough to cover the beans.
- Once it starts to boil. Drain again and add enough water. Bring to boil again. Cook until the beans are soft.
- In a different pan, sauté the rest of the onions. Set aside.
- When the beans are cooked, drain them and save one cup of the cooking water.
- Pour one-third of the beans into a dish similar to the casserole (It has to be deep and safe for the oven).
- Over the beans, put half of the sautéed onions then add the second third of the beans, then onions and the rest of the beans.
- Add oil and the cooking water. Add more smoked paprika, bay leaf, and more salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Bake the beans in the oven on 180°C/360°F for 45 minutes.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?