This Riblji Paprikas recipe is so popular in Serbia that there is a whole celebration made just for the people who enjoy it. Try making it at home.
Things to know about Riblji Paprikas Recipe
Fish stew is a traditional and popular dish in North Serbia, especially in the Upper Danube area. Firstly the Riblji Paprikas was made among poor fishermen in that area, but as time progressed, its popularity spread among wealthier people from the city.
The saying is that the original fish Stew is made only near the Danube River from Baja, the city in Hungary, to Bogojevo in Serbia. Fish stew is usually made outside in an iron pot (cauldron) from carp fish.
Among the fishermen, there is a saying that the best fish stew is made on fire from Poplar and Willow trees. The white vine is added in Serbia, but in Hungary, the white vine is consumed while eating the stew.
Tasteful Traditional Serbian Fish Stew from North Serbia. Authentic Recipe of Riblji Paprikas.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2000 grams (4.41 lb) Carp
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Onion
- 200 ml (6.76 floz) Tomato Juice
- 200 ml (6.76 floz) White Wine
- 1 tbsp Smoked Hot Paprika Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 balls Tagliatelle Pasta
- 4 units Bay Leaf
- Debone the fish and dice the fish meat.
- Make a fish stock. In a pot, place the fish bones and add water enough to cover the bones. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- In a deep pot, add oil and sauté the onions.
- Once it starts to become brown, slowly add the fish stock.
- Once the onions are cooked, add the smoked paprika, chili, bay leaves, tomato juice, wine, and the rest of the fish stock.
- Once it starts to boil, add the fish and cook for about 45 minutes or until the stew is thick (thickness depends on your preference).
- In a separate pot, boil water and cook the pasta.
- Serve the stew on top of the cooked pasta.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?