Things to know about Ustipci Recipe
Ustipci is a traditional Serbian dish that is spread all over the Balkans. Because of its price and versatility, the dish became popular during the 90s when a huge crisis in Yugoslavia happened. This is a dish that you can order in almost every ski resort in Serbia because it is a great comfort dish. It can be eaten sweet: sprinkled with powdered sugar, filled with Nutella or jam, or salty: with cheese, bacon, pate, or hummus. Also, Ustipci is very popular among children that usually eat them as breakfast with a cup of tea or milk. It can also be served with coffee.
Crunchy Traditional Serbian Fried Dough. Authentic Recipe of Ustipci.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Flour
- 20 grams (0.71 oz) Yeast
- 1 pinch White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) Water Lukewarm
- 1500 ml (50.72 floz) Oil
- In a cup with lukewarm water add yeast and sugar and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Add in the water-yeast mixture. Mix to form a soft dough or until bubbles are forming.
- Cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rest for another 15 minutes. Mix occasionally.
- Heat the oil in a pot and dip the spoon in it
- Using the same spoon, scoop from the dough and drop it into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
You can serve it with jam, powdered sugar, Nutella, or cheese.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.