Things to know about Uzicka Komplet Lepinja Recipe
Uzicka komplet lepinja is a traditional specialty from West Serbia and its most popular mountain Zlatibor. Komplet lepinja is a dish made out of flatbread or pita bread that is cut horizontally, add a slight dent in the middle so it looks like a bowl with a top lid. Inside are traditional products from Uzice like kaymak (Milk produce) and pretop or moča (similar to gravy). It is baked with an egg and you can put any kind of smoked meat on top. This dish is served in the morning and because it is quite heavy on the stomach it is served with a cold milk beverage, like yogurt. It is eaten from the top: first, you eat the lid while dipping it in the egg and cheese, and then eat the rest. Also, traditionally, it is eaten with hands.
Crunchy Traditional Serbian Mountain Bread Sandwich from Uzice. Authentic Recipe of Uzicka Komplet Lepinja.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 pc Serbian Flatbread – Lepinja or Pita bread
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 tbsp Cream Cheese Serbian Kaymak (Preferably)
- Salt To taste
- Pepper Powder To taste
- 1 tbsp Gravy
- In a bowl mix egg with cream cheese and salt and pepper (Be careful with the salt if you are using salted cream cheese).
- Cut the bread all the way, horizontally. Using a spoon, make a dent in the middle.
- Pour your egg and cheese mixture into the bread and close it with the part of the bread you cut off.
- Bake it at 220°C/128°F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- When you take it out of the oven, remove the lid and pour the gravy on top then return the lid.
Serve with yogurt and smoked meat.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.