Things to know about Gomboce Recipe
Gomboce is very popular in Central and East European countries. The name of this dish comes from Vojvodina, but its further origins are unknown. The dish came to Serbia from Austria. Even king Franc Ferdinand I loved these plum dumplings so much that he demands the dumplings no matter the time, and he used to fire chefs if they don’t make them for him. This dish is usually made from potatoes and plums which makes them perfect for late summers or autumns. You have to have in mind that the potatoes need to be completely cooled down when making the dough and that the plums are ripe enough.
Mouthwatering Traditional Serbian Plum Dumplings from Vojvodina. Authentic Recipe of Gomboce.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Plum
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 3 pcs Egg Large
- 5 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Potato White
- 700 grams (1.54 lb) All Purpose Flour – Plain Flour
- 200 grams (7.05 oz) Breadcrumbs
- Peel the potatoes and boil them until soft.
- Drain the water and mash the potatoes.
- Cool the mashed potatoes.
- When the potatoes are cooled add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour little by little and mix until well combined.
- Take a little of your flour and dust your working surface.
- Knead the dough. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough to about 1 cm thick (0.4inch).
- Cut the dough into squares big enough to fit your plums.
- Put the plum in the middle of the dough, seal it and roll it into a ball.
- Cook your dumplings in salted water until they float which is approx. 30 minutes.
- To prepare the bread crumbs just fry them until they are slightly darker.
- While the dumplings are still hot, roll them into the breadcrumbs and sprinkle them with sugar.
Instead of plums, you can use any other fruit or chocolate or sugar and cinnamon.
Make sure your dumplings don’t stick to the bottom of your pan when cooking but if it happens, you can move them with your spoon.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.