Things to know about Jigirdekli Çörek Recipe
In Turkmen ‘Jigirdekli ‘ means ‘Cracklings’. This bread is one of the many kinds of bread in Turkmen cuisine. It is made with all-purpose flour and a few other ingredients, including crackling. Turkmen were mostly Tribal people, their primary source of food was meat and dairy from their animals. They used animal tallow for cooking, cracklings are the by-products when animal fat is rendered to make Tallow. These can be preserved for several months. Cracklings are eaten as a snack or as bread as the recipe we have provided. You can easily cook this bread at home and enjoy the traditional taste of Turkmenistan.
Delicious Traditional Turkmen Crackling Bread. Authentic Recipe of Jigirdekli Çörek.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 600 ml (20.29 floz) Water
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Flour
- 2 cups Cracklings – Scratchings
- 1 pc Onion
- in a bowl, mix flour and salt.
- Slowly add water and keep kneading until a smooth dough is formed.
- Divide it into two and roll each into a ball.
- Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Crush the cracking or run through a grinder.
- Mix onions in it.
- Then cook the mixture for 5 minutes in a pan.
- Preheat the oven at 250C / 482F.
- Flatten each dough to about 5mm in thickness.
- Then spread the cracking mixture on it evenly.
- Roll the bread into a tight log then roll and lay in a spiral form.
- Cover and set to rest for 10 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough into spiral shape bread. About 1.5 cm (0.6 inch) thick.
- Transfer it onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Poke some holes with the help of a spoon or fork.
- Brush water on it and bake it for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve hot with butter.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.