Things to know about Pishme Recipe
Pishme is a traditional Turkmen snack. It is served during celebratory events like weddings and especially at baby showers. Traditionally it is made without sugar, but nowadays people prefer the sweet version. You can also use water instead of milk if you don’t want soft fritters. That way they will last longer. Pishme is served with hot green tea. Make a batch and save it in an airtight jar, it will last for more than weeks. Overall, it’s a simple and easy yet delicious snack that can be served for small family gatherings or you can munch at any time of the day.
Delicious Traditional Turkmen Dough Fritters. Authentic Recipe of Pishme.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Dry Yeast
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) Milk Slightly warm
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Flour
- 2-3 cups Oil For deep frying
- Mix the yeast in the milk.
- In large bowl mix salt and flour.
- Then slowly add yeast and milk to the flour and mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Wrap the bowl in a thick towel and leave the dough to rise for 20 minutes.
- Knead and roll the dough in two balls, and let it rest for another 5 minutes.
- Roll each dough into a 5mm thick layer.
- Cut long stripes from it, about 4-5 cm.
- Cut these strips crosswise to make diamond shape.
- Heat oil in the pan and deep fry the dough strips.
- Stir continuously while frying.
- Pishme is ready once both sides are golden brown.
Serve with green tea.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.