Things to know about Somsa Recipe
Somsa is a popular snack in Turkmenistan. It is distinct from other fritters because of its triangle shape. Triangle fritters are found all over central and south Asia, each country has a unique character associated with it. Since Turkmen are meat-loving people, they fill it with minced beef or lamb. Although the chicken filling is also common nowadays. Unlike other countries, Turkmen like to bake somsa and don’t fry it. It is served hot with green tea or yogurt dips. With only a few ingredients and very mild seasoning, it is a perfect snack to enjoy with your guests.
Delicious Traditional Turkmen Meat Stuffed Fritters. Authentic Recipe of Somsa.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Butter Melted
- 300 mL (10.14 floz) Water
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Beef
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Lamb
- 1 pc Onion Minced
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper Powder
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, and melted butter.
- Slowly add water and knead until a soft dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into the desired number of portions (based on the recipe).
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough to about 3 mm thick.
- In a bowl, combine the meats and onion.
- Add salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 250C /482F.
- Take a dough and put a tbsp. of the filling in the center.
- Fold the edges in a way that forms a triangle to seal the filling. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Place in the baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush some water on them.
- Cook in the oven until golden brown.
Serve with tea.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.