Things to know about Shule Recipe
Turkmen were ethnically tribal people. Their primary source of food was meat and milk from their animals. So rice porridge, an easy and popular breakfast, is cooked in ‘Gowurdak’. Gowurdak is melted animal fat with meat chinks. It was a technique to preserve meat when refrigerators were not a thing yet. It adds rich flavor and nutritious protein to the usual rice pudding. But it can be cooked with vegetable oil or tallow; animal fat. It’s a mildly seasoned dish, loved by both adults and kids alike. Rice porridge is common all over Turkmenistan, most people eat it for breakfast.
Delicious Traditional Turkmen Rice Porridge. Authentic Recipe of Shule.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 tbsp Animal Fat
- 1 pc Onion Large, diced
- 2 pcs Tomato Medium, diced
- 6 cups Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flake
- 1 cup Short Grain Rice – Small Grain Rice
- Heat animal fat in a large pot.
- Once it is melted, add onion and cook until softened.
- Then add tomatoes, and cook for another minute.
- Add water, salt, and pepper, and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, add rice.
- Once it started to boil again, reduce heat and simmer cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat once rice is tender.
- Serve while still hot.
- You can substitute the animal fat with vegetable oil. 1 tablespoon of animal fat to 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You can add boiled and shredded lamb or beef to it.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.