Things to know about Içlekli Recipe
Içlekli is a specialty of Turkmen Shepherds. Traditionally it was cooked in clay ovens, now baking in ovens is much more common. Although some local enthusiasts are still keeping the traditional way alive. It’s filled with a generous amount of meat and veggies like tomato and bell pepper. The meat is not grounded but it’s cut into small pieces to keep the chunky texture. Either lamb or beef can be used. Its dough is always soft and juicy from the meat inside. Shepherd’s pie has been popular for its delicious taste and also because it’s easy and completely fulfilling. Serve it with some melted butter and hot tea for a wholesome Traditional Turkmen experience.
Delicious Traditional Turkmen Shepherd’s Pie. Authentic Recipe of Içlekli.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 50 grams (1.76 oz) Butter Melted
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) Water Lukewarm
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Flour
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Beef
- 250 grams (8.82 oz) Ground (Minced) Lamb
- 1 pc Tomato Diced
- 1 pc Onion Chopped
- 1/2 pc Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Powder
- 8 tbsp Water
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, and butter.
- Slowly add water until dough forms.
- Divide into two and roll into balls.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Cut the meat into thin strips and then cut them into small pieces.
- Mix with seasonings and chopped vegetables.
- Pre-heat oven to 250C / 482F.
- Using a rolling pin. Flatten each dough to about 15 cm in diameter.
- Transfer one dough to the baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Spread the filling on the dough evenly, leaving a little space on the edge of the dough.
- Place the second dough over the filling. Press or pinch the edges to seal the filling.
- Poke small holes using a fork and brush water on top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.