Things to know about Külçe Recipe
Külçe is a delicious sweet bread made with milk. It’s a signature Turkmen breakfast which is also perfect as a side dish. It is usually served with fresh hot tea and some butter as a dip. Traditionally, women used to prick holes in various patterns of flowers, both as a decorative thing and for evaporation of heat during baking. This bread originated from Turkish bread cooked in a clay oven. In clay oven or not, this sweet bread is amazingly delicious and aromatic. You will love to try this authentic recipe from Turkmenistan.
Delicious Traditional Turkmen Sweet Bread. Authentic Recipe of Külçe.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 250 ml (8.45 floz) Milk
- 2 tbsp White Sugar – Regular Sugar – Granulated Sugar
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dry Yeast
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Flour
- Warm up the milk and mix sugar in it. Add in butter.
- In a bowl, combine egg, salt, and yeast. Add in milk mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add flour and keep mixing until it forms into a dough.
- Divide this dough into six (depending on the recipe's yield) equal parts and shape it into a ball.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 250C / 482F.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough. It should be about 15 cm in diameter. Transfer them to a baking sheet.
- Prick some holes on the surface using a fork. You can also make some patterns.
- Brush the dough with water, and put it into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with tea and butter.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.