Traditional Veg Kohlapuri is a hot and spicy main course dish from Maharashtra. You can prepare it for lunch along with flatbread or Naan.
Things to know about Veg Kohlapuri Recipe
If you love trying hot and spicy food, then Kolhapuri cuisine is the one for you. And one of its most popular dishes is the Veg Kolhapuri.
The Indian Traditional Vegetable Curry from Maharashtra – Veg Kohlapuri, is the main course dish with thick, hot, and spicy gravy. As the name says, this dish originates from the city of Kolhapur. It consists of a blend of vegetables cooked by simmering in the sauce. Though this dish tastes delicious, its popularity is concentrated only in Maharashtra.
The spiciness of the Veg Kolhapuri dish comes from a special ingredient known as the Kolhapuri Masala. It is a blend of spices containing hot chilies known as Lavangi. However, if you don’t want your dish to be too spicy, you can reduce the amount of chili powder and Kolhapuri Masala you add.
To prepare Veg Kolhapuri, you can add the vegetables of your choice. This dish goes great with Indian flatbreads and white rice. Veg Kolhapuri is the best dish to celebrate your love for spicy food without eating non-veg.
Delicious Indian Traditional Vegetable Curry from Maharashtra. Authentic Recipe of Veg Kohlapuri.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 pc Potato Medium, cubes
- 5 pcs Beans Chopped
- ½ Cup Cauliflower Small florets
- 1 pc Carrot Small, chopped
- ½ tbsp Salt
- Water For boiling
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seed
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seed
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seed
- ½ tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 thumb Cinnamon Stick
- 2 units Clove
- 1 unit Cardamom
- 4 units Black Peppercorn
- 2 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 3 units Dried Kashmiri Red Chili Pepper
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 pc Onion Medium, finely chopped
- 2 pcs Tomato Medium, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ unit Capsicum Cubes
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder – Curcuma Powder
- 1 cup Water
- Salt To taste
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander Chopped
- Combine all the vegetables in a vessel and pour water into it. Add some salt and boil the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Take a large pan and dry roast the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds.
- After a minute, add the cinnamon stick, red chili powder, cardamom, and peppercorns. Once you dry roast these spices, blend them into a smooth powder in a grinder. Set a side.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add onions and ginger-garlic paste to it. Sauté the onions till they become translucent.
- Now add tomato and sauté again. Toss in the capsicum and the Masala powder along with the salt to the mixture and combine everything well.
- As soon as you see that the oil separates from the gravy, add the boiled vegetables to the mixture. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves to garnish. Your Indian Traditional Vegetable Curry from Maharashtra – Veg Kohlapuri is ready. Serve it hot with Indian flatbread or rice.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
What to serve with Veg Kohlapuri?
Veg Kolhapuri goes well with Indian flatbread or Chapati.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?