It’s an authentic and delicious recipe for Kedili Gutap. Filled with fresh butter squash and onions for a refreshingly delicious taste.
Things to know about Kedili Gutap Recipe
Kedili Gutap is a type of stuffed flatbread. It is filled with different types of stuffing and cooked in a hot pan. Turkmen cuisine has various types of Gutap. Traditionally, it was cooked in clay ovens, but the taste and aroma are amazing, whatever the cooking method is.
It’s a simple and easy recipe. You can also change some seasonings according to your preference. Kedili Gutap is served and eaten all year round as a main course or fulfilling snack.
A butter squash Gutap is a delicious vegetarian dish that can add an authentic Central Asian flavor to your table.
Delicious Turkmen Traditional Butternut Squash Flatbread. Authentic Recipe of Kedili Gutap.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 1 tsp Salt
- 300 ml (10.14 floz) Water Warm
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 500 grams (1.1 lb) Flour
- 1000 grams (2.2 lb) Squash – Pumpkin Peeled and diced
- 1 pc Onion Diced
- 5 tbsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Cook onion and squash in the pot over medium heat.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook until the squash is tender.
- Then add salt and pepper to it.
- Use a wooden spoon to mash the squash.
- In a bowl, combine floor and salt. Add in water and oil.
- Mix until it forms into a dough.
- Divide equally into ten (depending on the serving size) and roll into a ball.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
Assemble and Cook
- Roll each ball into a 20 cm circle.
- Spread 2-4 tbsp of filling mixture over half of the circle, leaving a thin border area.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the mixture.
- Press at the edges to seal the filling.
- Prick small holes all over with a fork. Brush with a little oil.
- Place this Gutap on a hot flat pan.
- Cook until brown spots appear. Then flip to the other side and cook again.
- Serve once it cools down.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?