Chekdirme is made of lamb rib. A few ingredients but the tender and delicious meat make it one of the most popular dishes among Turkmens.
Things to know about Chekdirme Recipe
Lamb meat is a staple among Turkmen tribes. Chekdirme makes a perfect dinner with tender and juicy meat.
With only a few ingredients, this recipe is infused with tomato and onion. Minimal use of spices keeps the original taste of Turkmenistan.
Delicious Turkmen Traditional Lamb Rib Stew. Authentic Recipe of Chekdirme.
— General Atributes of This Recipe:
— ADAPT THE SERVINGS OR PORTIONS BY ENTERING YOUR DESIRED VALUE —
- 3000 grams (6.61 lb) Lamb Ribs
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 pcs Onion Halved/whole
- 3 pcs Tomato Halved/whole
- 5 tbsp Oil For frying
- Cut the lamb ribs into single pieces
- Heat oil in a large pot, add lamb ribs and cook.
- Add salt, pepper, and water.
- Bring it to boil over high heat.
- Small foamy bubbles will appear as a layer. Skim these bubbles.
- After 10 minutes add tomatoes and onion and lower the heat.
- Cover the pot and check occasionally to stir.
- Cook for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve when meat is tender.
— Specific Atributes of This Recipe:
Cooking tip for making Chekdirme
- You can smear cook lamb beef before adding it to the pot.
- If you want more broth and soft meat, cook for at least an hour.
- If you want more broth and thick soup, cook meat for at least 1 hour.
What to serve with Chekdirme?
Serve with rice or as an individual dish.
Photo Disclaimer: – Images used in this article are owned by the respective individuals, artists, or other parties who post on their private social media accounts. These images only serve as an inspiration and cannot be copied (images or designs) for personal use.
Health Disclaimer: Agoralia is not responsible for any health problems that could be related to the information provided on the website. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. The content is for informational purposes only, and should not be taken as professional medical advice reliance on or use of the information on the website is at their own risk. Always seek the guidance of your doctor or other qualified health professional with any questions you may have regarding your health or a medical condition. Never disregard the advice of a medical professional, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?